- Head of the Dept.: Prof. Uday Prakash Sinha
- Year of Establishment: 1962
- Built Up Area: 2500 sq. ft.
- Level of Study: M.A., Ph.D. , D. Litt.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- Advanced Monetary Economics.
- Quantitative Economics [Statistics, Econometrics and Mathematical Economics]
- International Trade and Finance.
- Indian Economic Thinking.
- Economics of underdevelopment – with particular reference to Bihar & Jharkhand.
- Environment and Economics.
- Managerial Economics.
- Interactive Method of Teaching.
- New syllabi on U.G.C. Model.
RESEARCH : THRUST AREAS
- Regional Economics.
- Monetary Economics.
- Fiscal Economics.
- Indian Economic Policy and Problems.
- Econometric Studies.
- Research Methodology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department of Economics (P.G.)was established in the year 1962 and from the very beginning, this department is actively engaged in evolving innovative methods in teaching. With the objective of improving
the class room teaching. ‘Participatory Method of Teaching’ also has been adopted and in order to fulfill this purpose, Seminars, Group Discussion and special lectures have been arranged from time to time. At present, there are ten teachers in the department.
AT A GLANCE :