- Head of the Dept. Prof. Md. Nehal
- Year of Estb. : 1961
- Built Up Area: 1347 sq. ft.
- Level Of Study: M.A., Ph. D.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- Indian English Literature
- Classical and Modern Criticism
- Communication Skills in English
RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Indian Writing in English Literature.
- Common Wealth Literature
- Romantic/ Modern English Poetry
- American Literature
- Post Modernism
AT A GLANCE :
- Engaged, engrossed in teaching and research since its inception in 1961.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) : 75.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Final) : 75
- No. of books in the Department Library :4358
- Journal/Periodicals subscribed by the department : 03
- Ratio of students to teachers : 17:1
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers : 3:1
- Ratio of research papers to teachers : 2:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Admission tests.
- Ph.D. Registration on the basis of M.A. (Final) result, Pre-Ph.D. Exam Test, Presentation of research theme and seminar.
- Eligibility for admission in Certificate Course in Business Communication and Spoken English is Graduation in any discipline.
- A National Seminar was organized on the topic “The Importance of Communicative English” in 2000.