- Head of the Dept. : Dr. Mamta Kumari
- Year of Estb. : 1979
- Built Up Area : 19548.4 sq. ft.
- Level Of Study: M.A. / M.Sc., Ph.D., D. Litt., P. G. Diploma in Women & Child Welfare
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- Food & Nutrition
- Women & Child Welfare
- Extension Education
- Human Development
- Textile Clothing
RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Food Nutrition
- Management and Human development
- Scientific Methods (Lab. Oriented)
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The P.G. department of Home Science was established in June, 1979 with two lecturers appointed by B. P. S. C. The Dean faculty of Science was Prof. in charge at that time. In 1980, one Senior teacher from S. M. College was made H. O. D. In 2002-03 the syllabus was reformed as per instruction and guide line provided U.G.C and Nomenclature was made as ‘P.G. Department of Home Science-Food & Nutrition’. From that very session students of both sex were allowed to take admission in the course. Approx. 5000 students have secured Master degree and 45 research scholars have been awarded PhD degree from the department.
AT A GLANCE
- Engaged, engrossed in teaching and research since its inception in 1979.
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. (Previous) :
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A.(Final) :
- No. of books in the Department Library : 2037
- Journal/Periodicals subscribed by the department: 02
- Ratio of students to teachers :12:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and admission tests.
- Admission in P. G. Diploma In Women & Child Welfare on the Bachelor’s Degree marks.
- Ph.D. Registration on the basis of M.A. (Final) result, Pre-Ph.D. Exam Test, Presentation of research theme and seminar.
- Admission open for boys too in M.Sc Course In Food & Nutrition