- Head of the Dept.: Prof. Md. Equbal Ahmad
- Year of Establishment: 1971
- Contact No.: 9431872360
- Built Up Area:
- Level of Study:Bachelor of Library & Information Science(BLIS), Master of Library & Information Science(MLIS)
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
LIBRARIANSHIP AS A CAREER:
Libraries in India have grown and developed to such extent that by now they have not only gained importance but are now recognized as an important social institution.
Production of Information materials in various forms together with the extension of educational facilities. The intensification of research activities have significantly influenced the library activities and development in their services. In the face of the situation where a public library has become an important elements in the life of a community; an academic library has become an essential part of educational institutions; a special library has become indenpensible. The management of various types of libraries has caused challenging problems. Thus the need for persons with good academic and professional qualifications with proficiency in one of the subject of general education is the requirement of the libraries.
Librarianship as a profession, on the other hand provide variety of avenues of employment opportunities persons with a superior academic record and high qualifications can help persons to achieve high position
AT A GLANCE :
Ordinance and Regulations approved by His Excellency Chancellor in 2018.
BACHELOR OF LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE (BLIS): One year course
GENERAL INFORMATION :
The Department provides One year course (Two Semesters) of the BLIS.
Any registered candidate may be admitted to the Degree of Bachelor of Library & Information Science, if he has:
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in the Faculty of Arts Science or Commerce of a recognized University, or has passed an examination as equivalent thereto.
- Total number of seats for admission : 45
MASTER DEGREES IN LIBRARY & INFORMATION SCIENCE (MLIS) : One year course
GENERAL INFORMATION :
The Department provides facilities for one year course (Two Semesters) leading to the Degree of Master of Library & Information Science after a one year degree in Bachelor of Library Science Course.
Following are the objectives of the Master of Library & Information Science Course :
- To acquaint the students with the organization and development of the UNIVERSE OF KNOWLEDGE, research organization and methods in detail.
- To make the students proficient in advanced library techniques, documentation methodology, advanced management, organization and administration of various types of libraries.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS :
To be admitted to the Master of Library & Information Science Course a candidate must have :
- Obtained at least a Bachelors Degree in Library & Information Science or passed an examination equivalent thereto securing not less than 50% Marks.
- Total number of seats for admission : 30
A: Teaching (Part-Time teachers) :
- Sri Varun Sarkar (M.Lib) : 9973057655
- Sri Basant Kumar Choudhary (M.Lib) : 9523456750
- Sri Jayant Kumar Sinha (M.Lib) : 9122902640
B: Non-Teaching :
- Sri Rajendra Prasad Thakur (Library Attendent)