- Head of the Dept. : Dr. Sunil Kumar Tiwary
- Year of Establishment : 1956
- Contact No. : 9431871480
- Level Of Study : Head and Asso. Professor (M.A. , Ph.D.)
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING / RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT:
The department was established on 01.06.1985. Vocal and instrumental both type of teaching are being carried out here. Dr. Vaani Gupta was founder head of the department. She was renowned teacher in the eastern India. At present there are only three teachers in the dept. Dr Sunil Kumar Tiwaryis H.O.D and other teacher are Dr. Kiran Singh and Dr. Nisha Jha. The dept is running in separate building in old P.G Campus.
Audio Visual facilities and different musical Instruments are available in the dept. The department has a separate building in Old P.G Campus. There are 9 Rooms to accommodate theory and practical classes .Lab is equipped with Taanpura,Tabla, Harmonium,Sitar, Drum-set,Guitar and other Musical instruments.
AT A GLANCE :
- No. of books in the Department Library :1000
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A/M.Sc/M.Com : 25.
- No of Research Papers published : 10
- Journals/periodicals subscribed by the department : 01
- Ratio of students to teachers : 4:1
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers (eligible to guide research students): 1:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and Master’s Admission Test (MAT).
- Number of Ph. D. Thesis guided in last two years : 05
- Total No. of publications in the last five years : 03