- Head of the Dept.: Dr. Abu Md. Haleem Akhtar
- Year of Establishment: 02.01.1986
- Built Up Area: 220 sq.m.
- Level Of Study: M.A. (Previous & Final), Ph. D.
- Sanctioned strength of students : 25
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- History Of Persian Literature
- History of Islam
- Philogy & Rhetorics
- Classical Persian Prose
- Classical Persian Poetry (Qasideh & Mathnavi)
- Modern Persian Literature
- Indo-Persian Literature
- Study of Iqubal
- Political History Of Iran
RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Persian Prose
- Persian Poetry
- Persian Novels
- Persian Drama
- Eminent Persian Poets & Scholars
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT: The University Deptt. of Persian is a single man Deptt. It was started on 02.01.1986 with a meager sources. Late Dr. A.G. Ansari, Former HOD got retired on 31.01.99.
One Asstt. Smt. Noor-e-Sehar Manzar and office peon Sri Binod Kumar Thakur are working in this Deptt.
AT A GLANCE :
- Engaged, engrossed in teaching and research since its inception in 1986.
- No. of books in the Department Library :1180
- Ratio of students to teachers : 5:1
- Ratio of research scholars to teachers : 4:1
- Admission on the basis of Honours marks and admission tests.
- Ph.D. Registration on the basis of M.A. (Final) result, Pre-Ph.D. Exam Test.
- The department has proposed to start a “Certificate Course in Spoken Persian and Translation”