- Head of the Dept: Dr. Rajesh Ranjan Tiwari
- Year of Establishment: 1961
- Built Up Area: 650 sq. m.
- Level of Study: M.A. (4 semester courses under choice-based credit system), Ph.D., D.Litt.
- Address: Social Science Block, Dinkar Campus
- Email: email@example.com
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING / RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Logic (Indian & Western)
- Epistemology (Indian & Western)
- Ethics (Indian & Western)
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science
- Jain,Buddha and Vaisheshika Philosophy
- Yoga Philosophy
- Philosophy of Education
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT: The Department established in 1961, is one of the oldest Department of the University, imparting quality teaching of philosophy to the students of Northern and Eastern Bihar. The Department has made rapid progress since its inception with a number of publications to its credit, a rich departmental library for students, researchers and teachers, a large number of Ph.D’s produced and many NET/ JRF qualified students. The Department enjoys the rare privilege of being headed by eminent scholars of philosophy namely Dr. Nityanand Mishra, Dr. G.D. Jha, Dr. Kedar Nath Tiwari, Dr. P.N. Mandal etc.The Dept. is presently headed by Dr. R. R. Tiwari.
FACILITIES: A separate wing in social science block with nine rooms including two big lecture halls, Departmental library, furnished separate rooms for teachers. The Department is equipped with desktop computer, printer-cum-scanner, photo copier machine, projector, water purifier etc.
AT A GLANCE :
- Sanctioned strength of students in M.A. : 80
- No. of books in the Department Library :4783
- Journal/Periodicals subscribed by the Department: 02
- Ratio of students to teachers:8:1
- M.A.– On the basis of marks obtained in Honours Exam.
- Ph. D. – On the basis of Ph. D. Admission Test (PAT) & Research Methodology Course.