- Head of the Dept.: Dr. Umesh Kumar
- Year of Establishment: 1956
- Built Up Area:
- Level Of Study: M.A., Ph.D.
MAJOR FOCUS AREAS:
TEACHING : SPECIALIZATION
- Dynamics Of Sociological Theories And Emerging Trends.
- Social Thought.
- Society and Its Components.
- Social Change & Development.
- Social Problems.
RESEARCH : SPECIALIZATION
- Gender Relation.
- Weaker Class.
- Planning & Social Development.
- Rural Development.
- Reformative Law and Social Justice.
- Dynamics of Caste.
- Generation Gap.
- Rural Violence.
- Intercommunity Relations.
- Aged People.
- Human Rights.
- Ethnic Group.
- Minorities family.
AT A GLANCE :
- Engaged, engrossed in teaching and research since its inception in 1956.
- No. of books in the Department Library : 1847
- Journals/Periodicals subscribed by the Department: 04
- Ratio of students to teachers :20:1
- Ratio of Research Scholars to Teachers : 20:6
- Ratio of research papers to no. of teachers : 8:5
- No. of Ph.D. thesis guided during the last two years :15
- Two Attitude Measurement Scales developed by the department.